Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Dolls


I am doing a report on dolls for one of my Adventurer Honors. On to my report. A doll can represent a baby or another human being. Now listen to this! A doll can even represent the likeness of animals and imaginary creatures. In my study of dolls, I take that in as stuffed animals basically being dolls. Isn't that interesting? Dolls can be made up of wood, clay, porcelain, stone, bone, cloth, china, rubber, plastic, vinyl, ivory, paper, apples, and corn skins.
History of Dolls:
Archeologists say that dolls are one of the oldest toys. Dolls have been found in Egypt tombs that date as far back as 2000 B.C. Dolls have been found in children's graves that have been made up of wood and for the wealthier children, pottery.
The dolls shown in the picture are my dolls and they are Elsie and Violet. The one in the black hair is Violet and the one in the brown, curly hair is Elsie. The End

1 comment:

nani said...

What a special picture of your two precious dolls. I enjoyed your comments about the history of dolls and what the can be made of.